Monday 22 March 2010

Full season is off - Damn it!

The last month has been a challenge! I have been trying to raise some sponsorship to help fund the season but it has all come unstuck at the last minute!

I knew from the outset that I would have to sink a lot of my own money in, but I was hoping to raise around 25-50% of the money from sponsorship.

At the start of the year it was looking positive I had a couple of loose promises, but most of these came to nothing. Then unfortunately I lost my one and only big sponsor on bloody April Fools day!

This has meant that I have had to scale back my plans considerably for 2010. The full season is totally out of the question. I have bills to pay and a family to feed so I just couldn't take the risk as there was no way I could pay for a full season myself.

I have signed up to do 3 races, if things go well I will do more.

The First race of the season took place at Brands Hatch in April. I wasn't at the race and it was hard knowing it was happening without me but I will be at Silverstone on 8th & 9th May.

Not quite the grand season I hoped for but I am still racing! .

No comments:

Post a Comment