Tuesday 4 May 2010

act of god

Volcano, Ash and Cancelled flights... what is all the fuss about?

Just a weeks extra holiday isn't it?



Well after weeks of wondering why everybody was getting in such a tissy about volcanoes and ash clouds I am now worrying that it is going to come round and kick me in the goolies.


I am currently languishing in an average hotel, in an average part of Venice at a conference. I have just turned on TV to find out Irish and Scottish air space has been closed because of more ash... oh dear.

I am flying into London, so at the moment, it is all OK but with two days till I need to be at first practice in Silverstone I have a horrible nagging feeling that fate is about to deal me a harsh hand.

p.s. Although being stuck in Venice may sound OK, trust me when I say that it sounds much more romantic than it is...

I am miles from the Venice you have seen in pictures and the only water I am seeing is the torrential stuff pouring from the sky.

Add to that the fact that my wife is at home with two children and not in Venice with me because "it is just a flying visit for a conference" this could end up being potentially damaging on financial and personal levels!

If everyone would please all face north and blow gently it would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment